Monday, November 23, 2015

THANKFUL


Cali Reppin on Chimborazo a few weeks ago


So I don`t forget, I`d like to start out by expressing some Thanksgiving love... Thanksgiving isn`t celebrated down here, but we are gonna have a little Thanksgiving pot-luck/Farewell for my comp this Thursday and share what we are thankful for. Even though the turkey and taters and jello pretzle salad will be missed....I think this Thanksgiving I will be feeling more thankful for my life and all the things I have more than any other year. So a few things I am thankful for... 
  • My family. I find my self thinking almost every single day ``How epic is my family`` and ``How the heck did my parents do it``. I am soooo grateful for my family...my direct parents/siblings, my absolutely amazing grandparents (Burkes, Sorensens, Hausknechts), all my cousins and second counsins and aunts and uncles. And this year I am especially grateful for the two new members of my family who will be joining the Sorensen Crew (good luck....) in a few months. Sup Amanda/she-who-has-not-be-named. <3 My 3 siblings are the 3 biggest examples for me...they motivate me to be better and do all I can to fill at least half of the huge shoes they have left me. (no, Jeff...wasnt a big-foot joke;)) 

  • God. A few years ago I believed in God, but knew nothing about Him. After almost a year and half teaching people about my Father in Heaven and all the amazing blessings He has given us, I now KNOW my Heavenly Father and am so grateful for all He does for me everyday. And like it says in John 3:16, He loves us so much that he gave is Only Begotten to die for us and save us. I am equally grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. For the example He gave me. I try every day to be a little bit more like him...a better friend, teacher, listener, son, missionary, and person. 

  • My friends. I have the best friends in the world. To my BYU homies who have been HUGE examples for me...thanks. To all my Davis friends who have taught me so much about life and the world and myself, thanks. I`d name you all...but I`d run out of ink. ;) 

  • La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias. My dad was raised in this church by his incredible parents, and my mom took a big leap of faith and joined the church alone as a teenage girl. I am so grateful for all that they, and this church, have taught me, and for the man I have become thanks to them/it. This church is true. I say it many times every day...it is true. And it can bless and change your life, as it has changed mine for good. lds.org 

  • The mission. I can`t even image where I would be right now in my life if I didnt make this choice to come on the mission. 2 years ago I had no idea if I could do this and if I would do this....but am sooo grateful for the decision I made and all the help I received to prepare/get out here.  

  • Ecuador. 2 years ago I didnt even know where Ecuador was...and now not a day goes by where my love for this country doesnt grow. These people have taught me how to be grateful for what I have, and how to WORK. There are so many people I have met down here who I will never forget.  

  • USA. I don`t know what I did to be so privledged to be born in a free, beautiful, epic country...but I am sooo grateful for my childhood (shoutout to the D-Towns...detroit/davis!) and all the opportunities I have had and continue receiving because I was born in the United States. We got a lot to improve, be we already improved a lot more than we think. What up, Red White and Blue.  
BYU tie from Lima Peru Temple...thanks Cam

Well, I don`t really have much more to say after that. It was a great week, had a great interview with President Christensen on Saturday, a great Riobamba District Conference on Sunday with some killed talks from Pte C and his counselors, and a solid week of work. Am currently back in Quito for another conference tomorrow...it was a solid 5 hour trip and we are looking forward to the 5 hours tomorrow. (Dont worry, pops, still got a little sarcasm in me!) 

Love you all! Have an EPIC Thanksgiving and eat DOUBLE for me! Thanks for everything, foreal. 
ES 

Chicken. The chicks love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment