Monday, August 17, 2015

"We Believe in Meetings"


Well, it was another SOLID week out here in Santo Domingo. The week flew by because we basically were in meetings/conferences all week...let me tell you about em.

First, on Wednesday we had the ``mission tour conference`` with Elder Waddell. It was amazing! He is such a humble and powerful man, I learned so much and received so much inspiration/answers to my questions. I was also selected as one of the 10 missionaries in the mission to get to have a personal interview with him before the conference started....it was AMAZING. Being able to sit down face to face with him for 20ish minutes was truly epic. He taught me so much and made me feel soooo good about what I am doing and why I am here in Ecuador...definitely a big booster to keep me rollin for the next 10 months. Truly an inspired man and an unforgetable interview. Epic.



On Thursday was a standard district meeting...learned how to apply some things Elder Waddell taught us.

Saturday and Sunday was Stake Conference. We got to hear President Christensen and his wife speak AGAIN, and the Temple President and his wife speak, and Elder Espinosa of the 70....a ton of great talks and we were able to have 2 families attend conference with us so that made it even better! And the Stake Center has AC.......DOPE!

Well, thats about it. Hit up CARLS JR for lunch today...just opened this week. Double Western Bacon Cheeeeeee baby!

Should hit a little trip to Quito tomorrow and Wednesday, but still need to confirm everything.

Oh yeah, a volcano blew up. Cotopaxi. Last I heard all the missionaries are chilling, and there arent too many problems aside from a ton of smoke and ash. President and Elder Waddell had to travel 11 hours to the multizone conference after leaving Santo Domingo...7 hours longer than normal. But I am far from the Volcano so dont worry about me :)



Love you all! Keep being amazing people.

ES

No comments:

Post a Comment