Wednesday, August 6, 2014

19 days left

My kin!

Now that I have been here at the CCM for 3 weeks...its kind of difficult to share exciting and new stuff with yall... It was another way solid week. Still putting in tooo many hours a day learning Spanish and teaching lessons, but it is coming along well! I no longer need any notes at all to teach lessons (but my every day talk is still way weak...). Pretty generic week, other than a few epic devotionals by General Authorities (Mexico Area 70s), and FINALLY getting out into Mexico City today to visit the Mexico City Temple.

Oh, and I maybe broke/disclocated/somethinged my big toe playing court soccer today, got some ibuprofen and ice tho so ill be good in no time! Haha..

Oh, and Elder Estreya and Cornado and all the Latino homies left on Monday, they all only stay here for 2 weeks cause they dont need to learn spanish. It was kind of sad but way cool to send of all the guys who we became so close to in under 2 weeks. They are all heading to Mexico Monterray West Mission and are boutta killll it.

Anyways...

Visiting the temple was awesome. Finally getting out into the city was another eye opening experience. It kind of reminds me of the worst blocks of San Fran, except even more crowded and just a littttttle bigger city. The driving is crazy, there are people and flea markets every where, and the graffiti/sanitation is pretty dang bad. But, people were surviving and that´s what counts.
The temple was BEAUTIFUL. We only got to tour the ground and go into the visitor center, but it was awesome. And I got a sweet hand woven Scripture Case for ~3.75 from the ´´gift shop´´. On our way back the bus driver stops in the middle of the road, hollers at a vendor trying to sell his bananas, buys like 6 bundles, and passes em back to all of us. It was epic...he is a G. 
 

This man is in the CCM Presidency here (1st Counselor to the President), and we had the opportunity to hear him speak during last Sundays evening Devotional. Before being called to serve here at the CCM he was a General Authority Area 70, and he shared one of his Conference Talks from General Conference in 2007.
Anyways, this guy is one of the sweetest humblest most cheerful guys I know. And when i found out he spoke at GEN CONF I was sokted...but not surprised. He spoke to us about families and the Plan of Salvation, and showed his talk from Conference. Here it is! (up there i mean..)

Elder Netzahualcoyotl Salinas spoke at our devotional last night, he is another Area 70 from Mexico,and he gave an EPIC talk. He was way passionate and spoke pretty good English compared to most around here. He mainly spoke about Jesus Christ. And shared a way epic sonnet in Spanish, which he then translated into English (which wasnt quite as epic). Here they are...although it wont be the same reading it from the screen as when he epic-ly shared it.


No me mueve, mi Dios, para quererte
el cielo que me tienes prometido,
ni me mueve el infierno tan temido
para dejar por eso de ofenderte.

Tú me mueves, mi Dios; muéveme el verte
clavado en esa cruz y escarnecido;
muéveme ver tu cuerpo tan herido;
muévenme las angustias de tu muerte.

Muéveme, en fin, tu amor de tal manera que,
aunque no hubiera cielo, yo te amara,
y aunque no hubiera infierno, te temiera.

No me tienes que dar por qué te quiera;
porque, aunque cuanto espero no esperara
lo mismo que te quiero te quisiera.

I am not moved, my God, to love you
By the heaven which you've promised
Nor am I moved by the Hell I fear
And for that reason not to offend you.

I am not moved, my God, to love you
By the heaven which you've promised
Nor am I moved by the Hell I fear
And for that reason not to offend you.

You move me Lord!
It moves me to see you
Humiliated and nailed to a cross;
It moves me to see your body wounded so;
It moves me to behold your suffering and death.

Ultimately, I am moved by your love
And in such a manner that
Even if there were not heaven, I would love you,
And even if there were not hell, I would fear you.

You need give me nothing for me to love you,
For even if I had no hope for things hoped for
I would love you the same as I love you.


(sorry for the long email...most of it is just copied and pasted so dont blame me;)

Glad to hear from you all this week. P Day and emailing is definitely the re-charger I need every week. So thanks :)
 
Stay golden..love yall.

~Elder Sorensen.

No comments:

Post a Comment