Saturday, February 27, 2016

Changes


After three AMAZING changes down south in Riobamba, I am finally moving on. I loved my time in Riobamba and grew so much. I met some wonderful people down there and really learned a lot about a positive attitude and hard work. We had a great last week with Elder B. On Saturday we had the baptismal service of A. He is a great old man who has changed SO MUCH! When we found him he was always sad, lonely, and confused--but now he is so happy and his health has also improved like crazy! I can´t believe how much the Lord has blessed him.



At noon on Saturday I got a call from President. We chatted for a few minutes about the mission and life and then he told me he wanted me to come back into Quito and be his new assistant. It was a very humbling phone call and I am so excited to learn from him and push myself to become an even better missionary/person. Saturday night after the baptism a family who I love threw me a good bye party...pizza, cake, sweet words, it was the best! 


Sunday morning I bused up to Quito. Since then, everything has kind of been a blur. On Sunday we had a transfers meeting with President and then gave all the new assignments/changes to the whole mission. Sunday night we visited a few people and then went over to President´s house for dinner. It was super nice of him/Sister C to invite, and we ate some BOMB food. Monday we were in the office all day getting ready for training and incoming/outgoing missionaries. Monday evening we went back to President´s house for a ´´good-bye´´ dinner with all the missionaries who went home on Tuesday. Monday night at around 11 we picked up 2 missionaries from the airport. Tuesday morning we picked up 9 more. Tuesday night we had a welcome dinner for the new missionaries, and then at around 11 went baaaack to the airport to pick up the last missionary who had just barely gotten his visa. Wednesday we had a big conference with all the new missionaries and their trainers. Thursday we went to the zone/district meetings of our zone here in La Colón. Yesterday we planned out the month and some trainings for MLC and Zone Conferences next week. And today, we played Bball and Volleyball with the mission secretary elders. 


It has been a crazy week with very little sleep, but I have felt the support from above (and you all!). I am way humbled to be able to work so closely with President and have already learned SOOO much from him in meetings, car rides, and elsewhere. This week will be another hectic week with two zone conference here in Quito and a Mission Leadership Conference on Tuesday. 


Oh yeah, my comp! My comp is Elder F from SLC Utah. He is amazing. We are from the same group and get along great. He loves EVERYONE and I love being with him. We are super excited for this change!

Love you all! 

ES

No comments:

Post a Comment