Monday, February 15, 2016

Baños Round #3


What a week! As far as la obra misional goes...it was a rather slow one. On Monday and Tuesday we were basically locked in the house all day due to ´´Carnaval´´. But, we were still able to get our and teach a few lessons each of those days. Wednesday and Thursday we went pretty hard in the sector and tried to get as much work done as we possibly could! Unfortunately I never got over that sickness from last week, but on Wednesday the uncle of someone we teach gave me a free check up and then prescribed me to some solid cough syrup and antibiotics. Turns out my left lung was closing...but now I am feeling WAYYYYYY BETTER! Modern medicine works...after 19 months trying to tough things out I gave in and well....it worked. Haha!

Friday afternoon, right after lunch, we bussed down to Quito as a zone. Again. The trip was good, we got in to Quito around 7 and then from the Mission Offices jumped in some taxis and headed up north about 30 minutes into the Quito North Mission. The Elders of our zone (12 of us) stayed in the house/hotel of some zone leaders from the North Mission. Turns out I knew both of them! Both the Elders were in the MTC with me!! They came out 2 weeks after us but were in our same zone! We played soccer almost every day together. With Elder A, them, and I, we had a sweet little CCM reunion. 

On Saturday we had the Mission Wide Conference with Elder Jeffrey R. Holland. Wow. What an amazing experience! The conference went from 1pm-3pm. At around 12:30 we went out onto the bball court to take a mission wide picture with Elder Holland and Elder Montoya. Then we each got shake their hands/greet them on the way back into the chapel. The conference was just excellent. Sister Christensen and President gave small 5 minute talks, followed by a 5 minute talk by Elder Espinoza (area 70), followed by a 15 minute talk by Elder Montoya (70 from Mexico) and then Elder Holland took the stage for about an hour and a half. Wow. It was POWERFUL. He spent the majority of the time walking up and down the center aisle, really getting close and personal with us. He was extremely passionate. He talked about his own mission, the importance of our calling, the importance of the Book of Mormon, and he talked a lot about what it means to be a true witness of Christ. As he said, ´´I get all crazy and passionate about this because it means EVERYTHING to me.´´ It was truly epic. He pumped us all up and gave me exactly what I needed to hear for these last few months. I´d share more but all my notes are at home, so fam, wait a few months and I´ll get back to you.

This Saturday we have a baptismal service for a dope 76 year old man. He is awesome. We found him a few weeks ago in a very tough situation. He has been lonely and very sick for a long, long time. We have seen huge miracles in his life as he is slowly being healed by Christ, both emotionally and physically. Like he says... ´´I don´t know why, but when you guys are here I feel healthy, I feel good, I feel loved´´. So grateful to be a missionary and spread God´s love to those who are in need of it.

Today we went to Baños...again. It was EPIC. We went to the Pailon del Diablo again....this time we went to the upper part with those sketchy wooden bridges. It was epic.

This Sunday we will get changes. Sadly, it is likely that I am outta here and will be going to my final sector. But, anything can happen! President knows best.

Love you all! Take heart.

ES

​Pics:​


​Pailon de Diablo




Oops - dunking too hard


No comments:

Post a Comment