Monday, January 19, 2015

I´m feeling 20, too!


Ecuadorians love Taylor Swift...so today when I heard 22 my subject for the week came to me...the end.

Well this was a very bittersweet week full of emotions. As most of you know, my Grandpa Sorensen died at 93 years old Wednesday morning. I found out Thursday night and it was a rough night, but since then I have been doing just fine and have been feeling his love and all of your support/prayers...THANK YOU!

He was an amazing man...for sure one of the best I have ever know. He set a MONSTER of an example for his kids and all of his 50 grandchildren, including the youngest...yours truly. :) Like all of my fam who has written me has said--we dont need to be sad for anything because we KNOW that he is now back together with Grandma and that he is happy as ever. And, like Kent said, Grandpa no longer has back pain ;)

I got to talk to Sister Christensen Thursday night for about 10 minutes, and President for a little bit on Friday morning which was great and helped a lot. They also came to my ward for Sacrament meeting so I got to talk with them a little more there--and show Sister Christensen a few pics/tell her about good ol´ Hughie.

As sad as it was finding out Thursday night, the scriptures, pictures of him/the fam, my patriarchal blessing (which he gave me) and a few letters from some of my best friends/family made that night much easier. We are all so blessed to have had him in our lives and I cant wait to see him again <3

This Saturday we had the Baptism of T and M. It was an awesome service and soo much of their family was there. Their mom is still attending church every Sunday and is currently working out her marriage situation because she really wants to be baptized also. They are a great family. 


THANK YOU ALL for all the birthday wishes! How awesome that my bday fell on a Pday! It was a great one. We had a zone activity this morning, went hard on some bball and soccer and volleyball. Afterwards we heading to Recreo, this huge mall, to go hard on some burgers and ice cream, and tonight the family we baptized on Saturday is throwing me a birthday dinner. Bout to eat an unhealthy amount of breaded shrimp and coconut cake. Lets gooooo!!!

Love you all and thanks so much for the support and prayers and everything. Keep my family in your thoughts as they travel to services for Gramps...love you guys!!

Met another Elder Sorensen the other day!

 7 And if Christ had not risen from the dead, or have broken the bands of death that the grave should have no victory, and that death should have no sting, there could have been no resurrection.
 8 But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ.
 9 He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death.

No comments:

Post a Comment